photo Header_zps9419a7f9.png

Thursday, March 29

House Updates: Guest Bath

Lets take one more look at the before of our Guest Bathroom when we moved in
Gold walls, tiny mirror, Yuck!
Here was the last update to this bathroom that I left you with
 We added an extra long white shower curtain and a cute rug, but that Gold 
wasn't going to stay for long.
 In came my super awesome handy Dad to the rescue.
I knew I wanted to paint this room a fun color, but with the rest of the house being so neutral and white I didn't want the whole wall screaming at our guests when they entered the bathroom.
So up went the Board & Batten
 There are a ton of how to's out there on installing Board & Batten, just search 
for it on Pinterest and done! 
 of course he is making sure it is level. Bottom part done!
 Now on to the paint, oh wait this little closet posed a bit of a problem.


You can tell best in the picture below this closet is very shallow and is covering up some type of duct work. Leaving an empty space on the right side that looks terrible.
 
So we decided it would look best to cut the original door down and have the top part become open shelves. Dad framed it out perfectly, you will see!
 Here was the paint going up and me starting to freak out. I was thinking is it too orange? Too bright? Too coral? Just keep painting and quit worrying.
So I did and I love it!
One more look at the BEFORE:
AFTER:
 Up went the new mirror and light fixture!

 See how nice the open shelves turned out. We lined the back with beadboard to 
cover up the vent and the empty space.
 I knew I wanted to add navy into this bathroom, but couldn't find a shower curtain I liked. 
So I found a navy and white striped sheet set at target that I just knew would work. 
A full sheet works perfectly to keep the extra long length I like. 

I still have to add some artwork, but I am loving how this bathroom is turning out!


No comments:

Post a Comment