photo Header_zps9419a7f9.png

Thursday, June 14

A weekend at home

Last weekend Wesley and I stayed in Atlanta...I know hard to believe huh? We were so excited to have some time in the city for a change. I started Friday with a quick workout and then met Nicole to do some shopping. We went to Brick Store Pub in Decatur for lunch. It was really good and I suggest you give it a try and the chicken salad melt!

Then we stopped at The Yard Sale put on by a church in Decatur. It was quite unbelievable! There was so much stuff.  I did end up snagging this chair. It needs a little love, some paint
and new fabric will do just right. I might even add casters so wesley can use it as his desk chair (and no we don't have a desk yet). 
We had dinner with Nicole & Hunter at Chef Ford Fry's new restaurant The Optimist. It was pretty good; if you like oysters they have an oyster bar and everyone at the table raved over the "Angels on Horseback."



Saturday we went down to Piedmont Park to watch the Red Bull Soapbox Race. 
It was hilarious! Teams make these non-motorized cars to race down the course. They are judged on creativity and time and whatever else the judges like. Here are some of the crazy cars.


We were standing right in front of the first jump.
The Sweetwater Car was the winner.
We left to get some food from the Banged up & Mashed Food Truck and headed to the lawn to watch more of the race.
That night we grabbed Pizza from Blue Moon Pizza with Lauren & Ryals. 



 They had been moving in all day, so we took a spin through their new married pad. Here we are checking out the rooftop pool we hope to lounge by soon. 
blurry- I know 
Sunday was no day of rest for me. I hadn't been to Scotts yet and I was dying....dying to get there. It opened at 10am and I was there right after to start my search. Unfortunately, it was a gross rainy day and so some of the vendors had already packed up. I still found some pretty eye candy though.

 Fabric...you might see this again.
 This desk is my dream desk for Wesley, but with a $$$ price tag and 2'' too long I had to leave with just a picture.

Ahhh, so nice to be at home and enjoying the fun town we live in, but now we are off again. Destination: Nashville!

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun staycation weekend!! Have a blast in Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekends at home are many time more enjoyable than a crazy new adventure somewhere else. Especially when you are on the go all the time. What a fun-filled weekend

    ReplyDelete