Tuesday, March 27

DIY Mirrored Dresser

I have always had a love for mirrored furniture, and a hatred for my cheap-o dresser. I knew it was time to do something different to the piece that I look at everyday. Thanks to Pinterest I found a How TO mercury glass, and from there my wheels started turning and next thing you know I was on a roll. 
Like I said I really hated my dresser, so much that I have never taken a picture of it and I forgot to take a before for this project. I did find it in the background of one picture and did a little zoom and crop to give you an idea of the before.
  I wanted the mirror to be antiqued. These are some of my inspiration pictures.


 I did do a couple tests on picture frame glass. I decided I wanted to add some gray paint in with the black paint for the antique look.
Here are my tools: 
Krylon Looking Glass paint
Gray paint diluted with water in spray bottle
Black paint diluted with water in spray bottle
drop cloth
cut clear glass
 First I sprayed the black and gray paints to give the look I wanted and then while wet sprayed the top with the Krylon Looking Glass spray paint. 

Next I used Liquid Nails to glue the pieces onto the drawer fronts. 
Halfway
Before:
After:


 
This was a pretty easy project. I will be mirroring more in the future!   


7 comments:

  1. Are you kidding?? This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Can I hire you to help me do this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whhhhat? You use clear glass and not mirrors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I am dreaming of a mirrored dresser.

    mirrored nightstand

    ReplyDelete