Wednesday, September 12

Grasscloth Mirror DIY

A few years ago I bought this mirror from Ikea. 
It has been great and I have loved having a nice full length mirror in our home. I kept looking at it and thinking it needed something or maybe I should paint it. As some of you know anything Ikea is a pain to paint because none of it is real. It is a plastic type finish that seems to resist paint. So after flipping through a recent West Elm magazine I decided I needed to add grasscloth to my mirrors frame. 

I bought some beautiful grasscloth from Wallpaper Plus in Atlanta. I didn't want to ruin the frame just in case the end product was a disaster, or later down the road I get tired of this look too. (you can tell I like to change things up a lot)
I started with the top and bottom and then added the side pieces. 

I used my handy dandy hot glue gun and in about 1 hour I was done. 

I am still debating on adding nail heads...you know my obsession with those too!

2 comments:

  1. That looks kick ass! I think the nail heads would be a great finish. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Master Framing are the experts in framing in Sydney.
    We specialize in memorabilia framing, custom picture framing, canvas stretching and photo mounting.
    We have grown into one of the most competitive picture framers in New South Wales,
    offering a large range of picture frames and picture framing services.

    custom mirror framing

    ReplyDelete