photo Header_zps9419a7f9.png

Thursday, April 5

House Updates: Dining Table Reveal

I know you are just dying to see which table top I chose...hahah.
Here is our Breakfast Room BEFORE:
 I ordered this linen banquette from World Market back in January
 Even though the arm chairs didnt work for us they found a great place at my sister-in-laws.
I knew I wanted to have an eclectic mix above the banquette, so I started playing around with the placement on our temporary table...a fold out!
Then I used the advice from so many bloggers to trace the frames with paper and hang that on the wall to nail. It worked perfect and really was worth the extra time!
Now I was ready to add my items
The wall is ready, but the ceiling fan was still in the way... (oh and this is when the guys were installing our kitchen floor, so the appliances are in the middle of the room)
Gairy came to the rescue again to install our super heavy fixture. It took all three of us to put it in.
 Out with the fan and up with my lights. 
I scored this fixture at Ballard Backroom for a great deal...too big to pass up!
And it was the perfect way to add the Edison bulbs I have been swooning over to my casa.
 Next up the table! I picked up the base from the shop and was thrilled that it fit in my car.
I waited a month on this guy to be ready.
I had this piece custom made from a dealer at....guess where...Scotts!
I know I'm kinda obsessed with the place.
 Oh and if you're wondering, yes that is Jasmine laying on my base.
While I was at Scotts I found the marble that was whispering to me "Pick Me, Pick Me"
I knew then that Marble was going to be my table top!
I had the piece picked up, cut and delivered by Julio at Granite Creations.
 I got to completely design my table from the measurements, to the cut, and the edge.
I chose this shape for the corners and a 1/2" bevel edge to give it some pizzazz! 
I am totally 100% in love with the way it turned out.

I have to get chairs still, but for now these wooden fold outs are being forced to work.
 
And here it is ready for the bachelorette par-tay!
 Do you spy anything else new?
My Painting! I asked my friend Renee to make me a custom piece for our house.
She brought it Friday and I stuck it in the frame and hung it on the wall immediately I was so excited!
I LOVE IT!
She did such a great job with the colors and I am so glad to have something so special from my friend hanging in our house. 
Thanks Renee! 

3 comments:

  1. Love everything about this space! Thinking I need a custom "Renee" too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so beautiful. It just screams "Hollie" :)

    ReplyDelete