photo Header_zps9419a7f9.png

Friday, April 6

House Updates: Kitchen Floor

I know just last week I gave you a Kitchen update, but we decided to go 
ahead and change the floor out.
Here is the last update:
The floor was 12" x 12" slate tiles. They were really uneven and hard to clean so we knew it had to go.
This is what my kitchen looked like when they were ripping out the tile.

These are the hardwoods we found underneath it all. 
They were in no shape to be refinished and used again.
Putting new hardwoods in would have been our first choice, but we didn't want to get into refinishing the whole house. What a mess, dust everywhere and none of the people we talked to had great things to say about trying to match hardwood stain from one room to another.
So we chose an 18"x18" gray toned porcelain tile.
This is pre-grout
Here we go again with the before:
After with the new floors

 *the floor is actually photographing a little lighter than it really is.
 I picked up this rug at the new Crate & Barrel last Friday.
I am so excited to have a floor that I can clean!
Once the floor was finished I was ready to have Lauren's party!
Cant wait to show you how the brunch turned out.



1 comment: